Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 2002 12:32:57 +1000
From:      "Michael Phaze" <michael@roq.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Ftpd and remote syslog

Hey all.
I am trying to setup remote sysloging for ftpd authentication messages only.
I setup remote sysloging for auth.* to a remote syslog server.
auth.*                                         @loghost
I put it at the top of the file, and it works find for when I ssh in, but
when I ftp in using the freebsd ftpd it doesn't log anything.
I tried putting in
!ftpd
*.*                                             @loghost
and it does log to that to the remote syslog but as "ftpd" facility not to
"auth".
I also run it from inetd with ftpd -ll to log transfers as well. I only want
to log file transfers to the local syslogd and send auth messages to the
remote syslog with no transfer information.

Does any one know how to set this up properly?