Date:      Mon, 17 May 1999 13:07:07 +0930 (CST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        "Gary D. Margiotta" <gary@tbe.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Building ports...

On Sun, 16 May 1999, Gary D. Margiotta wrote:

> I apologize if this is a slight off topic question, but I think it might
> be related to -current...

No, it's not (nor -stable, technically). This type of question should go
to freebsd-questions or freebsd-ports, too.

> Just loaded a 3.1-STABLE box, and went to build a couple of ports.  First
> it told me that I couldn't use the bsd.port.mk because it was too old.
> Fine, so I go and cvsup the current sources for /usr/share, and I do a
> make install in /usr/src/share/mk.  The files install properly, and I go
> to the ports collection.  I go into a number of ports, and try a 'make' an
> any given port.  It then tells me the following:
>
> fetch: illegal option -- A

Grab the package update kit from the website. You can't use a current ports
snapshot with an old source tree without first upgrading your environment with
the upgrade kit.

Kris

-----
"That suit's sharper than a page of Oscar Wilde witticisms that's been
rolled up into a point, sprinkled with lemon juice and jabbed into
someone's eye"
"Wow, that's sharp!" - Ace Rimmer and the Cat, _Red Dwarf_