Date:      Fri, 7 Mar 2008 11:46:00 GMT
From:      gavin@FreeBSD.org
To:        m.muncke@computer1020.at, gavin@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org, gavin@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/121454: [pst] Promise SuperTrak SX6000 does not load during boot in 7.0-RELEASE

Old Synopsis: Promise SuperTrak SX6000 does not load during boot in 7.0-RELEASE
New Synopsis: [pst] Promise SuperTrak SX6000 does not load during boot in 7.0-RELEASE

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: gavin
State-Changed-When: Fri Mar 7 11:38:30 UTC 2008
State-Changed-Why:
To submitter:  There are three things that booting in safe mode does:

    set hint.acpi.0.disabled="1"
    set hint.apic.0.disabled="1"
    unsetenv acpi_load

I wonder if you could establish which of these is actually making the
difference you see?  Please reboot, select "excape to loader prompt" from
the loader menu, enter one of them and then type "boot" to carry on booting.
Try that for each one, and perhaps for combinations of them, so that we can
start to figure out what is happening here.

Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-i386->gavin
Responsible-Changed-By: gavin
Responsible-Changed-When: Fri Mar 7 11:38:30 UTC 2008
Responsible-Changed-Why:
Track