Date:      Tue, 27 Apr 2004 12:56:33 -0400
From:      Ryan J.Taylor <rj@rjt.org>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sucessful install

On Apr 27, 2004, at 12:30 PM, Lawrence Cornell wrote:

> I caught that email last night, but looking at the
> bootup log it didn't look like to me that it booted up
> to the point of anything but single user mode..
> correct me if I'm wrong.

Both loader and the kernel came from my tftp server.  After specifying
root manually it does boot to multiuser.  I could probably stick an
/etc/fstab on the boot server and have the Mac mount root on its own.
The alternative would be interrupting loader and having it load the
kernel from disk (I think that works?).

> Also I know that the port is targeted for
> open-firmware based machines, any thoughts on being
> able to use some type of bootstrap program to boot it
> on old-world PMacs?

I'm sure someone here can answer this more thoroughly but I believe the
developers were starting with support for new world Macs and may expand
into older/different models as the port progresses.

RJ