Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 2002 08:32:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail | pine

On 19 Mar 2002, Denis J. Cirulis wrote:
> John Bleichert <johnnyb@stny.rr.com> writes:
>
> > Hello All
> >
> > Hopefully this isnt too terribly green, but how do I override my Unix
> > username with the left side of my email address using sendmail and pine? I
> > use pine in Linux, but with postfix and procmail, which I know how to use.
> >
> > Is there a quick and dirty way to solve this? I'm reading the man page for
> > /etc/aliases right now, dunno if it's the right track.
> >
> > Im not ready to install postfix yer, or maybe I am hehe. sendmail is ok,
> > Im just new at it. And procmail works fine, too.
> >
> > Thanks - I am rtfm, but it's late and I want quick info as well! ;-)
>
> Hello, John!
>
> You can edit /etc/mail/sendmail.mc (according to the documentation at www.sendmail.org)
> Add there:
>
> MASQUERADE_AS(domain.com)
> FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)
> or
> FEATURE(allmasquerade)
>
> then type make in /etc/mail and killall -HUP sendmail
>
> This action gives you all your outgoing mail to be masqueraded to domain.com instead of
> your real hostname.

I found that I could set the Reply-To and From headers directly in Pine. I
never noticed in Linux as I never compiled in support for this
functionality. Also, I use postfix on all of my boxes so Im busy trying to
get that to install in fbsd (I'm relatively new in fbsd, but experienced
in Linux ;-)

But thanks for the info!

JB

|-John Bleichert----syborg@stny.rr.com----------------|