Date:      Sat, 19 Jul 1997 19:34:26 +0000
From:      Joshua Fielden <shag@concentric.net>
To:        Brian Tao <taob@nbc.netcom.ca>
Cc:        Khetan Gajjar <khetan@iafrica.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape 4.01b6

Brian Tao wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Jul 1997, Khetan Gajjar wrote:
> >
> > I then downloaded the linux version, and it worked great (both 2.0
> > and 1.0). So, what gives ?
>
>     Does it recognize your bookmarks?  The Linux 4.01b6 version does
> not find my ~/.netscape/bookmarks.html file (although I can import it
> fine), and it complains about "error saving bookmarks".
> --
> Brian Tao (BT300, taob@netcom.ca)
> "Though this be madness, yet there is method in't"

I cp'ed my bookmarks with no problems, from my DOS partition, and they
show up fine. My problem is anything in just my "inbox" <i.e. not
filtered> will list, but not show in the main window. Anything filtered
works fine. I think I will make a trap filter at the end to move
everything else into a temp folder, and report back. My wife, on the
other hand, does not have this problem. Of course. :-) But it's the only
version so far tried from 3.x to 4.x that does not exit with a sig 8
when trying to read mail at rocketmail, and a couple other sites that
use JavaScript. Maybe it's finally time to bite the bullet and learn
procmail and mh after all. :-)

JF