Date:      Sun, 18 Feb 2001 02:26:01 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Moving Things [was Re: List of things to move from main tree]

In message <11284.982487979@winston.osd.bsdi.com> Jordan Hubbard writes:
: Absolutely, we're in violent agreement on that point.  I'm just
: suggesting that instead of having the policy be represented by
: SUBDIR lines in Makefiles, it should instead be something like
: this:

What I have right now is approximately:

make buildworld
. foo.conf
for i in $subdirs; do
	(cd $i ; make install)
done

where foo.conf does the installation.  There are lots of flaws with
it, but it does let me build 8M flash parts that boot (but don't do
much useful).

The how of this is just eyecandy. :-)  however, to be accepted, the
eyecandy has to be sweet enough and survive the bikeshedding and still
not look too bad.  don't know if I have that in me :-)

Warner