Date:      Mon, 13 Mar 2000 15:03:17 -0600 (CST)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        Kris Kirby <kris@hiwaay.net>
Subject:   Re: Weirdest crash I ever saw...

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Kris Kirby wrote:

> > > 	But now I'm back to the point where it leaks 240VAC, which makes
> > > it rather unpleasant to do things like it was supposedly designed to
> > > do, such as plugging additional hosts in while the drive array is
> > > powered on and online, although the new host(s) presumably would be
> > > turned off.
> >
> > Gotta love all that double-insulated stuff.  8(
>
> Two words: Isolation Transformer.

Or better yet, find the leak and fix it.  This can also be the sign of
some very poor building ground wiring, and you're actually seeing the
240V leak from not your own equipment, but some damn machine down the
hall sharing the same ground. :-(

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and Alpha architectures. ( http://www.freebsd.org )