Date:      Thu, 13 May 1999 14:14:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IBM scsi drives

On Thu, 13 May 1999, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> I've had some reasonable good experiences in some contexts with the IBM
> drives- but they have a wierd property of not working if your host adapter
> negotiates sync speeds before negotiating wide. Make sure these drives
> work for you before you pay!

Tried that.  Price I quoted is from TJT Intl, and they have a 30 day
guarantee, except they charge a 15% restocking fee, so I was hunting
more assurance.  I want to stick it on a bus with 3 existing IBM 34330W
drives, and the 34560 will be the only LVD drive.

Those old Quantum differential drives burned a warning message into my
soul.  That was a 50 pin bus, this is 68 pin, but I'm still wary.  The
TJT guy says he *thinks* they work ok with ohter drives, excepting the
34560 will not provide a termination, so one of the 34330's will have to
do that (no problem there).

I just want to see if someone else has some direct experience with the
DDRS34560W-LVD.  Sure would make me feel better.