Date:      Mon, 27 Jul 1998 11:11:50 +0900 (JST)
From:      HAMADA Naoki <hamada@astec.co.jp>
To:        mike@smith.net.au
Cc:        smoergrd@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com, sbabkin@dcn.att.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NIC drivers

>> smoergrd@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com writes:
>> >Believe me, it still sucks. Search the archives (both the mailing list
>> >archives and the PR database) for "no buffer space", and/or "ep0".
>> >Basically, the driver is fine for telnet and mail, but wedges under
>> >sustained load. I can get it to hang without ever going above 20 kBps
>> >(160 kbps). Gimme an Intel EtherExpress.
>>
>> I carefully looked through the source code to find a bug which results
>> mbuf leaks. Could you try this patch?
>
>Have you guys gone any further on this one?  Is the patch OK, or broken?

Sorry guys, this patch is wrong. ERR_RX_INCOMPLETE (which should be
renamed to `RX_INCOMPLETE') is an indication of not an error but an
incoming packet, so you must not remove the incoming packet.

NetBSD's ep driver seems to have some kluge for locking problems, but
now I want to spend my time to support new 3C905B adapters...

- nao