Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2001 19:59:32 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@grumpy.dyndns.org>
To:        Byron Schlemmer <byron.schlemmer@realtime.co.uk>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CD Writing Woes

Byron Schlemmer writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm having a bit of a problem with an IDE Yahama CRW8824E. I'm using
> burcd with the following commands :
>
>     burncd -f /dev/acd0c -s 1 -m data myiso.iso fixate
>
> It burns to the cd and completes. However as soon as I try to unmount
> the cd my machine page faults and reboots. The cd is also not readable.
> I was successfully using the writer under Linux so I know it does work.
> Any suggestions?

What do you think the -m option does? Its not in my burncd manpage.
Suspect burncd has attempted to read a file named -m, and maybe
succeded and wrote it at the start of your cd-r.

After burning the cd-r and before attempting to mount (you did mean
"mount", not "unmount", right?) try comparing raw images:

% md5 myiso.iso
% dd if=/dev/acd0c bs=2048 | md5

Also compare the size as reported by dd. I think dd will report how
much it copied to stderr. If not, do it again with "of=/dev/null".

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net