Date:      Thu, 6 Jul 2000 12:13:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
To:        Daniel Frazier <dfrazier@magpage.com>
Cc:        des@flood.ping.uio.no, FreeBSD-STABLE <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Cant build 3.5-stable?

On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Daniel Frazier wrote:

>Adam wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to build 3.5-stable on a 3.4-stable system of about two
>> months old.  /usr/src/UPDATING is empty.  Can anyone throw a clue or patch
>> my way?
>>

>Sorry Adam, can't help you.  CVSupped last night.  make buildworld is dying
>for me at exactly the same point.  I hope this gets fixed soon.
>
>===> libfetch
>compile_et /usr/src/lib/libfetch/fetch_err.et

fetch_err.et has been removed from RELENG_4 as the result of an MFC done
by Dag-Erling Smorgrav.  In order to fix the build one must, at this
point maintain the obsolete libfetch code in RELENG_3.  It's probably
smarter just to merge down the diffs from RELENG_4 or HEAD to RELENG_3.
Perhaps Dag can do this and fix the RELENG_3 build for those of you
trying to keep systems on that track.

Brandon D. Valentine
bandix at looksharp.net  |  bandix at structbio.vanderbilt.edu
"Truth suffers from too much analysis." -- Ancient Fremen Saying