Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:24:44 -0600
From:      eculp@casasponti.net
To:        Andrew Gould <andrewlylegould@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: firewall rules for bitlord, yahoo, limewire

Andrew Gould <andrewlylegould@gmail.com> escribi=C3=B3:

> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 8:13 AM, <eculp@casasponti.net> wrote:
>

>> Hmmm.  Isn't life interesting.  I would like to know how to block them an=
>> others without causing strange secondary problems.
>>
>> Actually a default pf configuration will let them pass unless I'm
>> forgetting something important.
>>
>> ed
>>

> I share your pain, Ed.  I've had to perform 3 complete re-installations of
> computers in my household in the last year.  Each time, I found a
> ".limewire" file in a user's application folder.  The boys are now banned
> from my wife's computer.  When the last culprit get's his computer back, h=
> will find it running an operating system that is not supported by Limewire=
.
> The next time, he'll get it back without a network card.
>
> Andrew

:)  I understand.  Hopefully someone has a reasonably efficient pf or =20
ipfw based solution.  If it cuts some of the microsoft traffic that I =20
am seeing much more of recently, I won't complain either. I have tried =20
to control them by ip's and but domain names with limited success.  =20
Too many windows boxes at the office.

have a great day,

ed