Date:      Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:40:25 +0100 (MET)
From:      Jan Goebel <jgoebel@rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
To:        Anders Pedersen <guru@woop.ath.cx>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: matrox g550 anyone?

> So, has anyone actually got a working dri with g550?

Not me! But I have been trying, too. The documentation of drm-kmod doesn't
saying anything about mga550, only the "smaller" mgas. The only thing I
managed to speed things up (which isn't in the manpages, but in the online
docs), was to set my agp to 2x mode by using setting the option  "AGPMode"
to "2" in the device section of my configfile. If you have a better mobo,
you can use 4x as well.

JAN