Date:      Wed, 09 Sep 1998 13:44:32 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@dal.net>
To:        Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Point of Sale System

Frank Pawlak wrote:

> Has anyone developed a POS -- point of sale system using FreeBSD?  I recall reading
> about someone somewhere doing this on Linux, but can't for the life of me recall where
> I saw it.  I would rather use FreeBSD if possible.  Any comments, pointers, etc., are
> greatly appreciated.

	Almost all of the POS systems in the US run on OS/2. As much as I like
to us FreeBSD wherever possible, by far your best bet is to go with the
industry leader in a case like this.

Good luck,

Doug
--
***           Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network          ***

At Barry (a small town in south Wales) hidden cameras have had to be
installed to keep watch on the town's CCTV [Closed Circuit Television]
to record acts of vandalism against the CCTV. - Privacy Forum