Date:      Fri, 5 Sep 1997 07:54:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Marty Gordon <mlghome@home.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   mail.local: sendto biff: permission denied

I'm starting to get these messages from mail.local for a new user that I
recently setup. I'm not sure why mail.local is trying to 'biff'. There are
no references to 'biff' in the sendmail.cf, system profiles or the user's
profiles, or inetd.conf. I suspect that the default for the /var/mail
directory may be wrong, but it would seem proper for good security.
The user's mail files are currently created with permissions set to 600.
Is this correct? Any suggestions as to what to look at or change? This is
a 2.2-STABLE system that I keep fairly current with CVSUP and has minimal
alterations from the 'standard' distribution.

Thanks,
Marty