Date:      Wed, 5 Nov 1997 16:28:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Joe \"Marcus\" Clarke" <jmcla@ocala.cs.miami.edu>
To:        Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: userland ppp with -auto, default route?

Make sure that your config files are structured correctly.  The
ppp.conf, etc. files need to be laid out in a certain way.  Make sure
you have the necessary spacing in front of each command.  I have
2.2.2-R, and everything works great.  Another thing you could check is
make sure you have the line:
set openmode active

This will tell the client and the server to begin talking.  This line
should be in your ppp.conf file before the address negotiation.

-Joe Clarke