Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 1997 11:30:02 -0400
From:      Ron Steele <ron@dc.infi.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ed0 timeouts (again)

I am getting the dreaded ed0 device timeout.  I had this working, sort
of, at
IRQ 5, but had a conflict with the sound card.  I reconfigured the ed0
card
(under DOS using plusdiag utility) and rebuilt the kernel with the new
settings.  I have tried both IRQ 12 and IRQ 15 and both give the same
result.
I can't find anything in my system that uses either of these (I have a
serial
mouse so the PS port IRQ should be free). Nothing shows up during the
probe
or in Win95 system settings.

Any ideas on what else could cause this or other places to look?

Ron