Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:11:04 -0800
From:      Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org>
To:        "Crist J. Clark" <crist.clark@attbi.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, Kevin Way <kevin.way@overtone.org>
Subject:   Re: NetBSD-style rc.d Project

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe

> I spent some time in the fall learning the NetBSD system
> (unfortunately I'm not running any NetBSD boxes at the moment or
> this would probably be a _lot_ easier), but have not really done any
> work. I thought some people were working on it, but not in the
> tree. I did not want to duplicate or conflict with work already done
> elsewhere.
>
> Is this project dead? Just lost momentum? Anyone still have interest
> in it? Is there anyone who really thinks we'll have switched to this
> by 5.0-RELEASE?

I'm about to dive into doing some work for an rc system for the ports
(${PREFIX}/etc/defaults && ${PREFIX}/etc/rc.conf) and have an interest
in learning about the way they've done things.  Does their paradigm
completely obsolete the rc.conf concept?  Were there any docs/project
pages regarding the RC effort that I could peruse for ideas? -sc

--=20
Sean Chittenden

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe--