Date:      Thu, 05 Aug 1999 11:04:56 -0700
From:      jayanth <jayanth@yahoo-inc.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   memory leak in the routing table ?

Were there any issues related to a memory leak in the routing table ?
I am running freebsd-stable.
After a few days vmstat -m shows the memory used by routing table to be
very high and log messages  "arpresolve: cant allocate llinfo for
a.b.c.d"
"arplookup a.b.c.d failed could not allocate llinfo" , keep repeating
for
every ip address that requires an arp entry to be created.

I turned on "route -v monitor" and started getting the following
messages
"RTM_MISS: Lookup failed on this address" for most addresses.

"netstat -arn" revealed routes that had a refcnt 0 zero but were not
being freed. However, I think the UP flag was on for each of the routes.

The machine was rebooted.
It seems there is a memory leak in the routing table.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
jayanth