Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 1998 17:03:16 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        bright@hotjobs.com (Alfred Perlstein)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bad aout-elf-install

Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> rot.h klm_prot.h mount.h nfs_prot.h nlm_prot.h rex.h rnusers.h  rquota.h
> rstat.h
>  rwall.h sm_inter.h spray.h yppasswd.h yp.h  ypxfrd.h ypupdate_prot.h
> nis.h nis_
> cache.h nis_callback.h  bootparam_prot.h crypt.h  /usr/include/rpcsvc
> install: key_prot.h: No such file or directory
> *** Error code 71

Before running the upgrade, did you happen to do a `make includes' at
some stage without doing a `make obj' first? If so, it left generated
files in your src tree which have confused things somewhat.

>From the message you posted, I can't tell if this was the aout install
part or the elf install part. If it is the aout install, the stray
file idea is a possibility (I'm not sure). If it was the elf install,
then it can't be stray files (and I have no idea).

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137