Date:      Sat, 18 Jun 2005 10:34:45 +0200
From:      des@des.no (=?iso-8859-1?q?Dag-Erling_Sm=F8rgrav?=)
To:        Luciano Musacchio <l0kit0@exactas.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: postfix or qmail?

Luciano Musacchio <l0kit0@exactas.org> writes:
> I've a simple question, postfix or qmail? :)

Stay away from qmail.  It has a number of serious problems including
non-compliance with Internet standards, poor scalability and poor
bounce processing model (the latter makes it ideal as a spam relay /
amplifier, especially for email-borne viruses)

Do you really want to trust your email to a piece of software that
hasn't been updated in seven years, and is distributed under a license
that explicitly forbids fixing its many flaws?

> Other thing (perhaps, the one that I interest more your opinion), do
> anyone know why MacOS X Server is using postfix instead of qmail? (i
> mean, the latter is far more popular, right?)

I doubt it.

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav - des@des.no