Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2000 14:41:05 -0800
From:      Jon Rust <jpr@vcnet.com>
To:        "Richard Majerus" <rmajeru@uswest.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FrontPage

For an alternative to the standard port, check out:

   http://www.westbend.net/~hetzels/mod_apache.tgz

It has several parts -- apache13, mod_frontpage, mod_ssl, and
mod_php4. Just unzip/tar it into your home directory, no need to move
the contents into /usr/port. Go into apache13 and "make all install"
(as root). The cd into any of the remaining mod_* directories and
"make all install" (as root).

IMHO, this is the future of the apache port tree: one apache port,
and module ports that use apxs to install as DSO's... without having
to rebuild apache. Using this port collection I have successfully
installed the following apache server:

     Apache/1.3.12
     PHP/3.0.15 (MySQL)
     FrontPage/4.0.4.3
     mod_ssl/2.6.2 OpenSSL/0.9.4

Ahhh... bliss. I added PHP3 on my own using "configure --with-apxs"
while building it. Piece of cake.

Thanks to Scott Hetzel for putting the original port packages
together. Hopefully this will be part of the standard port collection
soon. It sure as heck beats having 6 totally separate apache13-*
ports.

jon