Date:      Tue, 8 Jun 1999 15:13:08 -0700
From:      "Dainel \"The Bruce\" Keller" <dkeller@psln.com>
To:        "Christopher Michaels" <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: begginner question: how can I determine my local IP address? (can't ping)

Thanks, I had been looking all over the mailing list and gerneally getting
nowhere. unfortunately I now have a rather larger problem. I can't ping or
telnet to myself by the IP address. I can ping localhost fine, but not my IP
(206.155.61.1XX). I have tried flushing ipfw and making sure it is not
blocking anything, but I have no idea what to try next. And suggestions
would help greatly.
Thanks again for the help!
Daniel Keller