Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 1999 11:12:57 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Jan Buchmann <buchmann@stud.uni-frankfurt.de>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freebsd thread-question

> Do you know if there are plans to make more features like
> kernel-threads

There is work within the FreeBSD/JDK team to have some sort of kernel
threads work.

> threaded libraries or a solution to the select-poll
> issue available in next releases of FreeBSD (I don't know anything
> about 4.0).

The select-poll stuff has been done.  What's holding up the JDK1.2 port
at this time is trying to get it linked with Motif in a legally
distributable way.  So far I haven't been able to overcome the technical
and legal hurdles....  I can do one or the other, but not both. :(

Nate