Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 2010 11:36:46 +0100
From:      Maciej Milewski <milu@dat.pl>
To:        Monthadar Al Jaberi <monthadar@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re: Re: First RSPRO deployed !

> Where can I find Adrian's mkfwimage? Maybe I missed something....
It was a while ago on Adrian's page although it's not there.

> > If kernel needs padding to 64k maybe rootfs needs the same?  I haven't
> > tried yet with makefs but image with rootfs=65536 of 0's works.
> > > How do you generate the filesystem then?
I don't I use SD Card and/or USB drive on which I have fully working
environment. For testing I use NFS boot.

> And actually when I checked the makefile Adrian is refering to, they
> made the filesystem padded by 128k and that I did to :)
So that's OK.

> > Do you have proper name of this fw image? I've read somewhere that it's
> > required.
> > My working name is RSPRO.ar7100pro.FreeBSD.Test and you can change the
> > last two words for sure.
>
> You mean the name of the file that mkfwimage generates?
> I just called it something like firmware-image...
>
> I changed the name, but still got:
> TFTPD: Incoming connection from 192.168.1.102:25789
> Invalid image format (error: -2)
Actually not the filename but if you run mkfwimage with parameters then you
have the version string which in my case is as above.

For building image I run:
mkfwimage -v RSPRO.ar7100pro.FreeBSD.Test -B RSPRO -o image.bin -k kernel.gz\
-r rootfs

Regards,
Maciej Milewski