Date:      Thu, 1 Aug 1996 18:42:27 +0200
From:      RYAN DARBY <DARBY1@X400.telkom400.inca.za>
To:        ", DDA.RFC-822:questions(a)freebsd.org, P:TELKOM, A:TELKOM400ZA" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   It just can't fit

I sent a question a few weeks ago asking how to remove booteasy from
my PC.  Thank you very much for the help I recieved.  I am very
grateful.

My main problem was that I could not install FreeBSD 2.0.5 from a DOS
partition, as my CD-ROM is IDE.  I figured out what was wrong : In the
online documentation, it says copy the dists\bin and floppies directories
to the IDE harddrive, using xcopy /s z:\dists\bin c:\freebsd.
However, this copies it all into one c:\freebsd directory.  The installation,
however, seems to want it as c:\freebsd\bin and freebsd\floppies.
Also, I copies kernel to the root of the c:\, with root.flp and boot.flp.
I also ran install from the harddrive, not from the CD-ROM.
Anyway, it worked, exept :

About half way through copying accross during the installation, I run out
of space.  The online doc says 15M for a minimal installation.  I had
/ at 25M, swap at 5M and /usr at 5M.  I have a 40M IDE drive.  Is this
all big enough?  The back of the CD says 60M minimum.  What is the real
minimum?  How can I select only the minimum files to install?  Must the
whole BIN directory, from AA to C something be installed?

Thanks a lot for all your help and time.

Regards,
Ryan Darby
1191140@beltel.telkom400.inca.za
PRINCE ALBERT