Date:      Sat, 6 Apr 2002 16:11:48 -0800
From:      murray@stokely.org
To:        Tom Rhodes <darklogik@pittgoth.com>
Cc:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG>, keramida@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Splitting the Handbook? (was: [a couple of new doc PRs])

On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 07:02:04PM -0500, Tom Rhodes wrote:
> And so on, each book should contain:
>
> Ports and packages installation
> System Installation and Configuration
> Rebuilding your Kernel
> Staying up to date *cutting edge* (some people may want this)

  That is over 130 pages of content.  I do NOT think all of that
material should be repeated in each book.  That material should just
be in the "Getting Started" guide, or other appropriately named
guides.

> And the back of these books (printed versions) and online listings
> should contain the information that is presented within, so that
> people know exactly what they are getting...

  Each book needs to have a preface, table of contents, and
introduction, to describe the material contained therein.

	- Murray