Date:      Thu, 22 Jul 1999 13:35:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>
To:        Brian McGroarty <BMCGROARTY@high-voltage.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>, hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE:  1373 sound chip

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Brian McGroarty wrote:

> There's a patch for the 1371 floating around that seems to work for the 1373
> as well.
>
> Search the archive of FreeBSD-questions for "1371".
>
> Last I saw, the search page was still confused - you need to put "1371" in
> the web search field at the top, but still click the mailing list search
> button down below.

Found it and applied the patch.  Still no go.  The 1373 is IDing as a
1371 from BIOS, but FreeBSD doesn't see it at all.  Looking at the
other messages, I see some folks using  'device pcm0 at nexus?'  but
they're also running -current.  I tried that under 3.2 and after it
told me that pcm0 is only good with ISA it seg-faulted and blew core.
There was also mention of another patch from Joachim Kuebart for PCI,
but no mention where to find it.

Vince.

Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null
       # include <std/disclaimers.h>                   TEAM-OS2