Date:      Fri, 25 Nov 2005 13:44:13 +0800
From:      "Mayank Kumar" <mayank@microsoft.com>
To:        "Robert Watson" <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: What is the correct behaviour for local socket(AF_UNIX) in the following scenario?

Hi Robert
>From this I understand  that if p1 closes the socket,
then all the data written by it is discarded since
the buffers associated with this socket no longer exists.
	If that is the case, then this is not at all true
that p1 can write data on a socket and close it and exit=20
and p2 will still be able to 	retrieve the data written
by p1. Does FreeBSD differ with solaris or other unixes
in this implementation. I believe that Solaris does support
the above scenario although I am not sure. Do you know
How other unixes behave here. Because it makes a lot=20
of sense for localsockets to facilitate IPC on a system
by supporting the above scenario between two processes.

Regards
Mayank