Date:      Tue, 06 Jun 2000 20:11:33 -0700
From:      Anthony Bourov <abourov@alt.net>
To:        Freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   DPT Raid controller support

Hi,

I was wondering, the hardware.txt sais that FreeBSD only completely
supports DPT raid controller (so that you can also boot off it). And only
RAID IV and lower, which our manufacturer said isn't being sold anywhere
anymore. Now, it specifically sias it doesn't support RAID V, but now dpt
also has RAID VI, where they specifically say they support FreeBSD and
BSDi. I obviously wouldn't trust them enough to order the full server, so I
was wondering if anyone has any idea if that is true or not, and also if
anyone can recommend what raid solutions are good for high-end FreeBSD usage...

Thanks,
Anthony