Date:      Tue, 30 May 2000 23:04:45 -0400
From:      Eric Ogren <eogren@earthlink.net>
To:        wonko@entropy.tmok.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bad kernel build

This looks suspiciously like you built a kernel from the new sources
without building and installing the world.

This isn't Linux; if you want an updated kernel, you need an updated
userland.

To fix this, boot into single user mode, temporarily turn off linux
emulation and apm in /etc/rc.conf, run make buildworld, make installworld,
turn linux and apm back on, and reboot.

 Eric