Date:      Thu, 2 Sep 1999 17:58:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Kevin Day <toasty@dragondata.com>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sio with PCI modem/serial device

On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Kevin Day wrote:
> We're working on a PCI modem, that is *not* a Winmodem/Softmodem. It
> has real uarts and requires no downloading of code to work, I have the
> people from the Semiconductor company assuring me of this.
>
> Has anyone made efforts to make sio work with a PCI based uart? Or does this
> work already and I just can't figure out how?

Someone needs to get a bug up their bum to split out the ISA specific
stuff from the rest of sio.c

I've got a number of MCA and EISA serial cards that are waiting on this
person who will most likely be me.  *sigh*

You're welcome to do the work though...  I'll commit it if it passes the
review and testing by a few others.

You could do the lpt driver at the same time and make me really happy.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |