Date:      Sat, 02 Aug 1997 01:13:35 +1000
From:      David Nugent <davidn@labs.usn.blaze.net.au>
To:        Keith Mitchell <kmitch@weenix.guru.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bug in pw? (account/pasword exp dates)

>> If I give pw the following command:
>>
>> pw useradd tuser -P -c "Test User" -e 901944000 -p 869834290 -m -h 0
>>
>> everything seems to work except that the account expiration date and the
>> password expiration date are set to the same thing (to the -e param).
>
> I think I found the bug.  In pw_pwdpolicy it tests for a -e instead of
the -p.
> The following patched seemingly fixed the problem.

Thanks, I committed this fix to all three branches.

Could I suggest in future that this sort of thing be sent into the
bugs database via send-pr? I only get to the hackers mailing list
if I have time, and if I get too far behind, I'll just delete anything
older than a few days to catch up. So there is no guarantees that
I'll see it except via gnats - which I do read scrupulously.

Regards,
David

--
David Nugent - Unique Computing Pty Ltd - Melbourne, Australia
Voice +61-3-9791-9547  Data/BBS +61-3-9792-3507  3:632/348@fidonet