Date:      Mon, 3 Sep 2001 23:02:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Manas <bhatt_manas@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   i had to hack regex.h file

hi all,
    I was trying to build gnut-0.4.27 on my freebsd
4.3-stable box. This software had build properly on
previous freebsd box (4.0-stable). But when i tried to
build it on 4.3-stable, make started giving error at
line 46 in regex.h file (saying off_t not defined). I
checked the regex.h file and found it had included
sys/cdef.h file and this file didn't have off_t
defined.
Then i search for off_t in other header file and found
that it was defined in sys/types.h which i duly
included in regex.h and the gnut got build properly.
My questions is this. Is it alright for me to hack
header files like this and should i now revert the
changes that i have made.
thanks
-manas