Date:      Sun, 12 Dec 2004 02:18:16 -0600
From:      Mike Oliveri <moliveri@gmail.com>
To:        mrb@bmyster.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SquirrelMail woes

> LoadModule php4_module     libexec/libphp4.so
> AddModule mod_php4.c
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

These were still on and okay. PHP in general still works, as when I
made a phpinfo() file to test PHP, it came up just fine and displayed
the info.

> 2. i would also check /usr/local/etc/  and make sure theres a php.ini , by
> default it gets named php.ini-dist when first installed , you have to rename
> it php.ini for it to work .,..might also want to check for a setting in that file
>
> register_globals = On
>
> usually its Off by default

My php.ini file is /usr/local/etc/php.ini and it appears to be
unchanged from the previous one before the upgrade. However,
register_globals was Off. I turned it on and restarted Apache via
'/usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache.sh restart' and tried again, but I'm still
getting the same error related to the sessions:

[Sun Dec 12 02:13:59 2004] [error] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined
function:  session_id() in
/usr/local/www/data/webmail/functions/global.php on line 293

Take care,
Mike