Date:      Thu, 4 Oct 2001 10:32:02 +0200
From:      Johann Visagie <johann@egenetics.com>
To:        Jeff Hertig <jhertig@cytranz.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: unixODBC-2.0.9

Jeff Hertig on 2001-10-01 (Mon) at 14:28:07 -0500:

> I am trying to get unixODBC running on my freebsd 4.1 machine.  The package
> doesn't install the DataManager or the
> ODBCConfig programs.

You have to have the variable WITH_GUI set to build and install the GUI
elements of unixODBC, which includes DataManager and ODBCConfig.  (You'll see
this if you read the port's Makefile.)  I.e.:

  cd /usr/ports/databases/unixODBC && make -DWITH_GUI install clean

If that turns out not to be the problem, let me know.  I'm also busy working
with the driver managers unixODBC and iODBC (databases/libiodbc) at the
moment.

-- V