Date:      Wed, 15 Apr 2009 11:29:59 -0400
From:      Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk@gmail.com>
To:        Manolis Kiagias <sonic2000gr@gmail.com>
Cc:        Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo@gmail.com>, "mail.list freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Automounting of USB drives - Why is it a problem?

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 9:50 AM, Manolis Kiagias <sonic2000gr@gmail.com>wrote:

> Odhiambo Washington wrote:
>
> (I have also written a complete set of steps for this - currently in
> Greek only, but I will translate it sooner or later)

Such a write-up really will be very useful , because part in the FreeBSD
Handbook contains errors .
For example :

mount -t msdosfs -o -m=644 -M=755 /dev/da0s1 /mnt/username
Error  -- Invalid switch M

Also examples for pw contain invalid switches .

The paages from man such as man pw are very difficult to use because they
contain many switches and to understand use of those requires many trials
due to combinatorial possible combinations and lack of ample examples .

People accustomed to Windows device management finds Unix device management
really very difficult such as me . To understand and use of USB sticks in
FreeBSD required much time .
Among FreeBSD , Linux , and Windows , hardest to use is FreeBSD with respect
device usage by the user .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk