Date:      Wed, 30 Dec 1998 16:25:52 +0300
From:      Alexander Dubinin <alex@nstl.nnov.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NFS

    Hello All!

I misunderstanding something about NFS - how to set up server &
client?

At my Server box, I wrote in /etc/exports:
> /usr/shared -alldirs -mapall=alex:wheel my_client
("my_client" is client's host name)
and then I try to mount it as alex:wheel at client computer:
>$ mount_nfs server:/usr/shared /mnt
 I'm receiving error message:
> mount_nfs: can't access /usr/shared: Permission denied

I tried to change permissions at server - to root:wheel, to
alex:wheel, but anything give me same result...
User "alex" are present at both machines.

That's wrong?

 Bye!
  Alexander Dubinin                                 mail-to: alex@nstl.nnov.ru