Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2000 14:20:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help with PPTP vpn server using mpd-netgraph

Christopher T. Griffiths writes:
> I have run into the following problem running mpd-netgraph port on my
> 4.1 -stable machine:
>
> I am getting the following error in my log:
>
> Aug 24 00:14:24 enterprise mpd: [pptp] error writing len 27 frame to
> bypass: No buffer space available

[ replying to the list, forgot to earlier ]

This error can safely be ignored, though it can indicate that the
peer is not responding or GRE packets are otherwise unable to get
through.

An "occasional" occurrence of this error is normal. It indicates
that the GRE transmit window is full (i.e., still waiting for
acknowlegements to be received from the peer for previously
transmitted packets).

-Archie