Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 1996 15:49:31 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        e8917523@antares.linf.unb.br (Daniel C. Sobral)
Cc:        security@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Specific problem???

> > Please stop sending your local information to freebsd-security!  It
> > is not a forum to discuss your specific system's security problems.
>
> ??? I was given the impression that the problem was present, for instance,
> in all FreeBSD 2.1.0-R, and possibly the newly released 2.1.5-R. How does
> that constitue a "specific system's security problem"?

First of all, 2.1.5 doesn't have the problem.  Second of all, I think
the complaint was that they were asking for advice on 'local'
adminstration issues such as what files to remove suid on, etc..  The
administrator shows a lack of knowledge on Unix security, and reading a
good security book would be better use of both their time and ours.

Nate