Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 1995 08:24:17 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: P.S. [images]

> > This got me thinking. (Dangerous!) My Mom knows someon who may know someone
> > (...) who could produce these. The factory employs disadvantaged (not-white
)
> > South Africans with disabilities using environmetally friendly materials.
> > (This is a Teddy-Bear factory!!)
>
> As long as we don't create a riot on the production floor when it
> becomes apparent that the daemon plushie bears an uncanny resemblace to
> M'gupathu, the Zulu god of pestilence and plague! :-)
>
> Seriously, if they're really serious and can work from artwork, we'd
> be interested.  We already have someone investigating the Taiwan angle
> and they'd be interested in other alternatives..

Hokay! I've got something. The folks are going to put together for me
for 25 Rands (about US$7) one of these. I'll then photograph it and send
these over for comment. A thumb-suck quote for a production run of 1000
is between R18 and R25 each (3.5 Rands to the US$ approx). I've asked
them to make it about 20cm (8 inches) high. They are used to making
promotional material, so working from this picture won't be a problem.

I would please like some confirmation that I am not going to be in the
poo for busting copyright on this. I believe this is OK, but something
in writing (email) would help.

How does this sound?

If the production goes ahead, who will fund it, and how many will be
wanted?

Mark Murray
46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa
+27 21 61-3768 GMT+0200