Date:      Tue, 04 Mar 2008 22:09:49 +0100
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Robert Davison <rob_27_preston@yahoo.co.uk>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lib Errors After 6.3 - 7 Update

Robert Davison wrote:
> I've tried to update 6.3 to 7 using the sh freebsd-update.sh -f freebsd-update.conf -r 7.0-RELEASE upgrade process. I thought all had gone well untill I started getting lib-XXX.so4 missing file here and libphp.so missing there. I'm guessing that the update process has deleatd some shared libararies which are still required.
>
> I have the files in question, but instead of XXX.so.4, the file is called XXX.so.5
>
> I followed the instructions to the 'T' but nothing seems to work i.e MailScanner, apache etc.
>
> I've tried portupgrade -af to see if I can link the ports to the new lib files, but alas nothing.
>
> Anyone got any ideas??

Some of your ports did not get rebuilt as 7.0 binaries.  You need to
track down which ones they are and rebuild them (ignore anyone who tells
you to install compat6x, it will only mask your immediate problem and
may cause others).  If you saved the portupgrade -af output it will tell
you which ones failed to rebuild.  Otherwise you can look for files that
were not modified since before your rebuild attempt.

Kris