Date:      Sat, 22 Jun 1996 03:54:32 +0930 (CST)
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        dbrockus@cyberhall.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: disk duplexing and mirroring

In article <Pine.BSF.3.91.960620160820.565A-100000@cyber1.cyberhall.com> you wrote:

: Hello,

 Gday.

: Is there anyway I can mirror or duplex drives under FreeBSD.  I took a
: look at the ccd driver for FreeBSD web page and it stated that ccd was
: "alpha" quality and it only mirrors drives.  I would like to duplex
: drives if possible and I am looking for a more stable solution.
: Does anyone have any suggestions?

: Thanks in advance.

 I think you'll find that the ccd device in both -stable and -current
 is pretty good.

 I'm using it here to interleave two 330mb scsi's into a news/web
 cache for my small home system....   the individual drives
 can only do about 1mb/s reads/writes.... the ccd "device" does
 about 1.8mb/s reads/writes (yes.. the drives are old and slow)

 Peter

--
 Peter Childs  ---  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/~pjchilds
  The internet is full, please try again in half an hour...