Date:       Fri, 13 Sep 96 14:04:42
From:      MYoung@scaleable.com
To:        bsd@s3ihq
Subject:   install problem

After installing FreeBSD, I rebooted the machine and I kept getting error
messages about timeouts from the Western Digital Ethernet card. I rebooted the
machine and entered -c from the boot prompt and noticed that the interrupt
level for my Ethernet card was wrong. I changed the setting and also disabled
all the devices that we'rent on my machine. After rebooting, I keep getting
the messages

bsd486 init: can't exec getty 'usr/libexec/getty' for port /dev/ttyv0
bsd486 init: can't exec getty 'usr/libexec/getty' for port /dev/ttyv1
bsd486 init: can't exec getty 'usr/libexec/getty' for port /dev/ttyv2

What have I done? What can I do now?