Date:      Sat, 26 Jan 2002 10:01:26 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@nc.rr.com>
To:        Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fxtv - can't record with audio

Anish Mistry:
 |---------------------------------
 |---------------------------------
 |I'm running 4.4 with the latest fxtv from the ports
 |Any suggestions?

Instead of capturing to the "MPEG" target, capture to "MPEG Ready", and
then run the fxtv_cnvt.sh script that is created.

  TARGET:
  MPEG        -  Capture the raw data, and encode behind the scenes
  MPEG Ready  -  Capture the raw data, but don't encode yet (i.e. let the user
                 kick off the encode script)

With this you can see the errors.  You may also want to set:

     CLEANUP_TEMP_FILES="NO"
                         ^^

up at the top of the fxtv_cnvt.sh script before you run it so you can
invoke it over and over without the script nuking your capture data or the
intermediate files.

Randall

--
Randall Hopper