Date:      Fri, 4 Oct 2002 00:53:52 +0200
From:      Mark Santcroos <marks@ripe.net>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vmware reads disk on non-sector boundary

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 05:57:56PM +0200, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <20021004012906.S4315-100000@gamplex.bde.org>, Bruce Evans writes:
>
> >> If a buffered access-mode on block devices is desired, it should
> >> be implemented either as an ioctl controllable feature, or as
> >> a GEOM module.  The latter is probably by far the easiest way.
> >
> >It was desired, and was sort of promised.
>
> And we're close to the point where it can happen...

So 'ignoring' the historic facts, and assuming that we just want block
devices, we can do such a thing in GEOM in the future?

Is this something you will be doing yourself Poul, or is it just that you
are saying that it is possible? If not, I really would like to help to get
vmware back, but I don't know anything more about GEOM than "option\t\tGEOM".

Mark

--
Mark Santcroos                    RIPE Network Coordination Centre
http://www.ripe.net/home/mark/    New Projects Group/TTM