Date:      Sun, 29 Apr 2007 15:45:24 GMT
From:      Alexander Kabaev <kan@FreeBSD.org>
To:        peterjeremy@optushome.com.au, kan@FreeBSD.org, kan@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: gnu/112215: [patch] gcc(1): "gcc -m32" attempts to link against 64-bit libs

Synopsis: [patch] gcc(1): "gcc -m32" attempts to link against 64-bit libs

State-Changed-From-To: open->suspended
State-Changed-By: kan
State-Changed-When: Sun Apr 29 15:44:38 UTC 2007
State-Changed-Why:
Cross build for 32 bit is plan not supported on amd64 due to many reasons,
gcc specs being the least serious of them.

We do not not install correct machine/ headers anywhere, so any binary
compiled with -m32 still refers to amd64's machine/*.h headers.

Ther patch makes no sense until we have cross-environment to speak of
in the first place.

Responsible-Changed-From-To: kan->freebsd-amd64
Responsible-Changed-By: kan
Responsible-Changed-When: Sun Apr 29 15:44:38 UTC 2007
Responsible-Changed-Why: