Date:      Sat, 4 May 1996 08:11:00 +-1000
From:      Greg Laslett <abseil@thehub.com.au>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   named / DNS for part time internet

If I enable 'named' in sysconfig then hostname resolution 'Stops' and I =
can't start PPP.  With 'named' turned off in sysconfig.  I can start my =
PPP connect manually after bootup and then also start 'named'.

Can 'named' or an alternative be configured to handle coming and going =
PPP connections so that I get Domain/Host name resolution while I'm =
connected but reverts to say '/etc/hosts' when I'm not ?

Regards,

Greg Laslett.