Date:      Tue, 9 Jan 2007 17:26:06 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trouble booting second ide drive (gmirror configuration).

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW

On Sun, 2007-Jan-07 23:20:55 +0000, Josef Karthauser wrote:
>I'm scratching my head trying to work out why I can't boot onto my
>second ide drive at the boot: prompt.  I have a perfectly valid
>partition on it, which I can mount successfully when the system is
>booted from the other disk, but the boot loader says that the disk label
>is corrupt.  What am I doing wrong?

The logs you included showed the loader complaining "can't load 'kernel'"
rather than having a corrupt disklabel.

I presume you've confirmed that the disk actually has a kernel on it?

Does the geometry reported by the BIOS match the on-disk geometry from
fdisk?  Have you tried toggling LBA?

When you're at the loader prompt, what do "ls /boot" and "ls /boot/kernel"
return?

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW